The Manager / Associate, Digital Communications works closely with program and executive leadership to design and execute digital strategies in support of Schmidt Futures’ philanthropic mission. The Manager / Associate will play a vital role in helping Schmidt Futures to realize its goals of:
- Creating the best, largest, and most persistent pipeline of exceptional talent globally and matching it to opportunity to serve others for life; and
- Taking on important public problems where systemic solutions may be available now, by creating and deploying interdisciplinary teams and institutions of exceptional people.
The Manager / Associate, Digital Communications will help to translate Schmidt Futures’ mission, method, and strategy to digital media and to promote that message through key digital platforms. Ultimately, this work will help to convince high potential individuals to be part of our efforts to change the world and to tell the story of our programs to a diverse set of audiences. In so doing, the Manager / Associate will serve as a key asset in our efforts to recruit exceptional talent, build private-public-philanthropic partnerships to ensure the successful scaling of our initiatives, and communicate what we’ve learned to others who share our goals.
Digital Strategy Development
- Manage a collaborative digital strategy development process with program and organizational leaders: 1) Determine the most important digital communications objectives, 2) Identify the key global and channel / audience-specific messages, and 3) Build an associated budget and implementation plan
- Refine this strategy on a regular basis to ensure it continues to reflect organizational priorities
- Lead the day-to-day implementation of our digital strategy
- Create content—either independently or with assistance from external designers—for our website, social media platforms, blog, newsletter, videos, people profiles, and more
- Manage digital platforms, targeting key audiences, identifying influencers and validators, and growing our following
- Oversee paid media campaigns for flagship programs, making key decisions about message, creative, targeting, budget, and analytics
- Assist with website design and development, from copy and content creation to execution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Design: Fluency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere)
- Data: Experience using Mailchimp, Airtable, Facebook Business Manager, and other tools that require understanding data, targeting audiences, and basic analytics
- Paid Media: Knowledge of paid digital marketing, preferably with audiences in and outside the United States
- Have 5+ years of experience in digital communications
- Have excellent written proficiency
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Be based at the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as needed following company policy and permitting circumstances
About Schmidt Futures
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.