Reporting to the Director of HR, the Manager, Training and Development will be responsible for curriculum development and resource planning for ongoing learning and training across the organization and our talent programs. This position will implement effective methods to educate team members, enhance performance, and recognize performance.
- Diagnose organization, leadership, team and individual training needs
- Develop training and development programs and objectives
- Implement best practices for the effective measurement of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion learning impact across the organization;
- Scan the external environment for current best practices in the delivery of learning and development
- Design and adapt materials for both remote and in-person learning interventions for individuals, small groups, and larger teams
- Design opportunities to embed training into everyday work practices to increase mentorship/apprenticeship and encourage team members to learn by doing
- Ensure the delivery of leadership development and other learning programs across the organization
- Help managers and team leaders understand their role in fostering the career development of their teams through programs led by the Manager of Training and Development
- Conduct learning needs assessment activities
- Evaluating tools and systems for tracking goals and the learning progress of employees
- Analyze training programs effectiveness and share reports and recommendations to management. Review, evaluate and redesign learning activities
- Facilitate or co-facilitate learning activities.
Operational Planning Support
- Liaise with management to ensure training and educational programs achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures related to various training and educational programs for the employees.
- Evaluate the onboarding process and work closely with the HR and Talent team to improve new hire experience
- Work closely with the HR Director to improve the performance management process.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience creating and delivering programs to develop leaders, managers and teams through formal and informal methods
- Strong communication and project management skills;Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, manage a variety of tasks, and see projects through to completion.
- Have 10+ years of experience in the fields of training and development, including strategy design and execution, implementation and evaluation, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Have practical or educational experience in the field of education, training and/or learning and development
- Be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Be based in the Schmidt Futures offices in New York or D.C. and be able to support onsite operations in the office on a regular basis as needed following company policy and permitting circumstances.
About Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools — including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity — for charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts we support.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.