Reporting to the Manager, Operations, the Office Administrator will be responsible for helping to ensure the overall operational excellence of Schmidt Futures’ Washington D.C Office. Over the next 12 months, Schmidt Futures anticipates expanding its full-time team beyond 100 employees and launching several new programs, necessitating new space and services in the new Washington DC office. This role will be responsible for implementing safety procedures, space planning, equipment sourcing and procurement, administering vendor contracts and invoices, and offering logistical support for office events. The scope of responsibilities will necessitate proactive work-planning and prioritization with the Office Administrator’s supervisor and other stakeholders.
Office operations management
- Manage relationships with onsite vendors and facilities support team, sourcing new services as needed;
- Process vendor invoices and certificates of insurance;
- Obtain building access for vendors, delivery staff, and other visitors.
- Receive packages, distributing them to team members;
- Develop a team assignment system for maintaining the kitchen area and contributing to that process, including stocking and purchasing food items daily or as needed;
- Help to ensure the office remains tidy, presentable, and safe for guests and staff during the day; and
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
Safety planning and wellness procedures
- Implement onsite safety procedures and best practices for team health;
- Source and secure PPE (Personal protective equipment) and cleaning materials for the office;
- End-to-end management of personal screening process for employee office attendance;
- Plan seating assignments to ensure safety and wellness in the office;
- Act as onsite support as needed to ensure team compliance with safety procedures in office and document;
- Up-to-date research and planning around the latest CDC guidelines.
- Coordinate key projects such as:
- Maintaining a demand forecast for office space as well as seating assignments for new and existing staff;
- Procuring office fixtures, furniture, etc.; and
- On-boarding new staff.
- With the Manager, Operations, and the Head of Community, organize and execute in-office events by:
- Coordinating logistics related to meeting room setup, catering, floral, etc.;
- Supporting the Community Specialist for larger-scale events with external groups such as networking receptions and program dinners; and
- Support Manager, Operations on other strategic priorities, as needed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Desired capabilities include:
- Experience in facilities or office management;
- Strong communication and project management skills;
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving; and
- Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative, manage various tasks, and see projects through to completion.
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience;
- Have a track record of strong administrative and project management skills; and
- Be based in the Schmidt Futures offices in Washington DC and support onsite operations in the office regularly as needed, following company policy and permitting circumstances.
About Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools — including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity — for charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts we support.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.