Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Operations Assistant will provide administrative assistance to senior leadership in order to support their logistical needs including scheduling, calendar management, travel booking, and expenses. This role will help provide infrastructure for the effective scaling of Schmidt Futures beyond 100 employees over the next 12 months, as well as support the overall excellence of various programs and functions. The scope of responsibilities will necessitate proactive work-planning and prioritization with the Operations Assistant’s supervisor and other stakeholders.
Support the administration and key programs of three leaders and their teams. Responsibilities will vary and may include short-term assignments which require specific focus on a given project or initiative. Broadly speaking, day-to-day responsibilities will include the below:
Administrative Assistance for assigned team leaders and corresponding work streams
- Coordinate and schedule meetings by request of up to three executive-level Principals
- Produce background reports in support of key meetings
- Prepare, proofread, and distribute key documents in advance of scheduled meetings
- Take detailed minutes during meetings as needed
- Book conference calls, conference rooms, and other space as needed
- Manage travel bookings
- Prepare expense reports and associated documentation
Support on critical operations functions and processes
- Manage invoices, collection of paperwork for grants, and other financial processes for a subset of Schmidt Futures programs
- Coordinate other operational processes for those programs (e.g., grantee performance reviews, on-boarding, financial monitoring and forecasting)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong administrative, organizational, and time management skills
- Attention to detail with strong writing, proofreading, and communication skill
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-motivation with the ability to take initiative, manage a variety of tasks, and see projects through to completion
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience
- Have track record of strong administrative and project management skills
- Be based in the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and be able to support onsite operations in the office on a regular basis as needed following company policy and permitting circumstances
About Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools — including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity — for charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts we support.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.