The Principal Recruiter’s role will include
- Sourcing, engaging, and referring high caliber technical talent with an interest in social impact
- Building internal search capabilities, including processes and playbooks to be used as Schmidt Futures grows
- Tracking, reporting, and aggregating key metrics across roles and engaged talent
- Presenting candidates and packets to C-Level executives and senior management and counseling them on preferred approaches and alternatives
- Gathering information from partners, research, and other sources to establish comprehensive understanding of organization needs and position requirements
- Managing a team of recruiting professionals ranging from full-cycle recruiters to coordinators.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to understand position requirements and organization needs;
- Source and recruit potential candidates by using referral networks, partners, databases, social media, and other tools;
- Prepare candidate notes, including a collection of resumes and creation of documents for hiring managers and executives as requested;
- Ensure development of relational foundation and engage with passive talent to build pipeline and network connections; and
- Report on desired engagement metrics as it relates to internal and external partner needs (e.g., candidates sourced, email list registrations, events attended).
- Initiate first round contact with qualified candidates and assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes;
- Prepare candidates for interviews ensuring appropriate expectations are set;
- Collaborate with partners sharing best practices to ensure great candidate experience; and
- Represent Schmidt Futures with integrity and enthusiasm.
- Design, manage, and run day to day operations for executive level talent sourcing function for Schmidt Futures;
- Oversee market research and stay up to date on key trends in recruiting talent;
- Work closely with partners to document best practices serving as a key thought leader;
- Build culture and onboard team members as needed;
- Develop systems and implement tools for maximizing organizational productivity and impact; and
- Continuously improve internal processes through iteration, engagement with experts, and experimentation.
- Supervision of Recruiting team with positive impact in end to end professional development; and
- Service as mentor to other team members not directly supervised.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience designing and leading recruiting processes in social impact and / or technology;
- Exceptional ability to identify talented individuals and maintain relationships with potential candidates;
- Demonstrated track record of impact in high-intensity, team-based environments;
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy to accomplish work objectives; and
- Highest levels of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Have 10+ years of work experience in human capital management;Have understanding of technology recruitment processes;
- Be proficient with applicant tracking systems and recruiting software; and
- Be based at the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as needed following company policy and permitting circumstances.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.