The Program Administrator will work with the Schmidt Futures program leadership in order to support the management, operations, and activities of key programs. The Program Administrator will also help with other administrative duties, including executive travel, program events, and convenings.
Administrative Support for Programs
- Manage all administrative activities for at least one program team
- Provide program support, contract management, and record keeping
- Review, cross-reference, format and assemble team documents for meetings
- Maintain and update program data and contact information for internal databases
- Provide calendar management of internal and external meetings, conferences, and calls
- Assemble and print meeting agendas and handouts, and take meeting minutes as necessary
- Process expense reports, manage travel, and track all team spending
- Assist with event and conference coordination, booking catering and restaurant reservations
- Plan events and assist in coordinating team activities
Administrative, Strategic and Operational Support
- Participate in administration, strategy and operational planning for at least one program
- Recommend potential strategies, methods, partnerships, and other resources that the program could use to strengthen its work and impact
- Support critical workstreams, including testing of the technical platform and partnerships development
- Organize team events to facilitate team bonding and culture-building
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Some of the desired capabilities include:
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, administrative, and management skills
- Ability to manage large databases of information and track existing programs and initiatives
- Experience in modern office procedures and technology
- Thorough knowledge of record keeping, expense management, and other administrative procedures
- Demonstrated teamwork ability and record of impact in high-intensity, team-based environments
- Values-based, collaborative working style with demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with reasonable ability to use common software tools for word processing, presentation, and spreadsheets (especially Google Docs and Sheets).
Program Administrator will:
- Have at least two years of work experience in an administrative function
- Have a high school degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Be based in the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as needed.
About Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools — including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity — for charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts we support.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.