Schmidt Futures is looking for an outstanding Recruiter to join our Talent team and manage the end-to-end recruiting process for our general hiring and major talent initiatives. The role will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment across various business functions. The Recruiter’s role will include:
- Partnering with key stakeholders to define interview processes (creating job descriptions, hiring plans, interview teams)
- Sourcing, engaging, hiring high caliber talent from different industries and backgrounds
- Tracking and reporting key metrics across open roles
- Presenting candidates and interview packets to C-Level executives
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define and improve the recruiting processes;
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives;
- Source and recruit candidates by using referral networks, partners, databases, social media, and other tools;
- Screen candidates’ resumes and job applications;
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes;
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule;
- Engage with passive candidates to build pipeline and network connections;
- Understand the market and come up with creative ways to connect with the right talent; and
- Work with HR to create offer packages and relay information to candidates.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process;
- Collaborate with the rest of the recruiting team to ensure a great candidate experience;
- Promote company’s reputation by ensuring positive interactions with all candidates;
- Supporting processes and evaluations to ensure continuous improvement of our recruiting process; and
- Supporting best practices to optimize candidate experience throughout our recruiting process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Some of the desired capabilities include:
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities and people skills;
- Energetic and enthusiastic collaborator;
- Exceptional ability to identify talented individuals and maintain relationships with potential candidates;
- Advanced administrative, organizational, and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Process and metrics mentality – comfortable with using data to inform decision making;
- Experience interacting with and presenting to C-Level Executives;
- Proven ability to build strong and successful relationships to effectively support and help colleagues;
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy to accomplish work objectives; and
- Highest levels of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in a recruiting role;
- Have demonstrated teamwork ability and record of impact in high-intensity, team-based environments;
- Be proficient with applicant tracking systems and various sourcing tools (Lever, Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter);
- Have experience filling a variety of roles across multiple functions and levels;
- Have the highest integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest levels; and
- Be based at the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as needed following company policy and permitting circumstances.
About Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools — including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity — for charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts we support.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.