Recipients of the award will be announced in the fall of each year, in time to permit them to apply for appropriate fellowships abroad and reference the award on their applications.
The Selection Committee considers all applications and recommends a list of award recipients. The final decision is made by Schmidt Futures and the Schmidts.
The current Selection Committee is composed of the distinguished researchers below:
- Shiri Artstein-Avidan, Tel Aviv University
- Hagit Attiya, Technion
- Ron Brachman, Cornell Tech
- Michael Elhadad, Ben Gurion University
- Michal Feldman, Tel Aviv University
- Stuart Feldman, Schmidt Futures
- Gad Landau, Haifa University
- Yoelle Maarek, Amazon Research
- Jennifer Rexford, Princeton University
- Jeff Rosenschein, Hebrew University
- Lihi Zelnik-Manor, Technion
This award is made possible through funding from The Eric and Wendy Schmidt Fund for Strategic Innovation.